Tuesday 11 December 2012

Chap 2: Ambitions

I find it surprising how people plan out their whole life, they know exactly what they want to be .

For me , it doesn't work like that, others may have the same view as me, I'm sure of that ...
Where do ambitions come from? You can't just simply know it or maybe you can.

I've spoken to plenty of people who tell me they are doing something in either school, college, uni and career just because someone told them to. Or pressurised them in doing so, i.e. friends, parents, relatives e.tc.

Now I am certaintly not saying you shouldn't listen to what they are telling you to do, it's in fact great that your listening to your parents or whoever. But note this, these are only suggestions from people who won't be correcting your mistakes throughout your own life. You don't have to take them as obligations, they are nothing but advices to aid you on perhaps what you want to make out of life. And that's what I take them as with all respect provided to the one who suggested what I should do...

Another thing that is possible is to do what they suggested as a part-time or hobby which ever you find beneficial to you.

Now this is the obvious and consistent advise I have always given to people who ask me;
Do what you love/ like and enjoy, that is always the easiest one. Do it while your young, when you can change your mind. Not something that makes you deeply regret. Something good for you and others.

Personally, I want to do something so that I can pay back to the ones I care about, for helping  me throughout life, I wouldn't be what I am and want to be if it were not for them.
Normally people have doubt in this, but has the person even tried to accomplish it? 
Now I'm not trying to be a goody too-shoes by saying everything will work out perfectly, but only you can decide how you want to take it.

I'll finish this with a quote:
"Do a job you love, then you never have to work a day in your life" Confucious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment