Saturday 8 December 2012

Chap 1: London Dungeons (Continued)


After my visit people were asking the usual 'was it good?'question. Well I have to say it was indeed scary the whole special effects, lighting and it suddenly going dark creeped the jeepers out of me, so much so that I had to cling onto my friends the whole time, and they to me. Let's not forget the gruesome bits and having to constantly look over your shoulders. Of course-- it was the London dungeons.

I have to admit, I wasn't really enthusiastic about this place, it didn't really attract me until I went in. I never thought of how much I love the modern London as compared to the historical one that actually made me cringe with disgust. There were several gory actors, a few rotting corpses lying here and there, a talking head! The rides were amazing and creepy. But I and others do think it should have been much longer. The whole experience was 90 minutes long, rather short don't you think? Also the gift shop was rather pricey, not everyone who walks in there is rich y'know!

Enough of me ranting, the most common question asked about the experience would be 'Was it worth the money?'
Well I guess that depends what kind of person you are: If you are more of a ride-thrill seeker, than I would really recommend a theme park, Thorpe park would do the trick. However if you are more interested in the history of London more simply life and fear in the dungeons, well step right in.
Personally, I think I would never go back again, it was one of those YOLO things (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yolo). Gosh I hate using that term, but it makes sense in this context!

No comments:

Post a Comment